Google Webmaster Tools is a free of charge service for people managing a website. It’s an online app in which we are helping the search engine expose our content better: upload sitemaps, remove any obstacles for Google bots to crawl your site. Yes, it means doing part of Google’s job for Google. But since the search engine is so dominating, everyone will gladly help it include his or her site in search results.
Here’s how to set up Google Webmaster Tools account.
- Sign in to your Google account on Google Webmaster Tools page.
- Enter your site’s address:
- Now you will need to verify the ownership of the site. Download a HTML file, and upload it to your site. Then click “Verify”. You’ll get an instant reply.
- If you cannot upload the file, you can use one of four alternative methods:
- Add a meta tag to site’s home page:
- Sign in to your domain provider
- Verify it via Google Analytics, inserting the asynchronous tracking code.
- Using Google Tag Manager
One of these methods should work. If you still have any problems, just comment below.